Known throughout the embedded development community for their processor architecture Intellectual Property (IP), ARM® licensees have placed these scalable processors into almost every conceivable package, coupled them with almost every conceivable silicon process and linked them to peripherals that enable them to tackle a multitude of complex applications.
Microcontroller users will have mostly interacted with the Cortex™-M family of cores, from the Cortex™-M0+ in low-cost, low-power applications, through to the Cortex™-M7 for applications requiring high performance. Those developing for high-performance real-time applications will have come into contact with SoC solutions featuring cores such as the Cortex™-A5 or A7 series, potentially coupled with a Cortex™-R52 to handle the advanced integrated functional safety and virtualization support of the target application.
The CoreSight™ debug IP block provides a more-or-less unified interface across the Cortex™-M range of microcontrollers, ensuring that the investment in development tools can be leveraged repeatedly as developers transfer from one semiconductor supplier to another as they search for the device that best fits their application challenges. Program trace is also supported in a variety of ways, from instrumented solutions using their Instrumented Trace Module (ITM), to their resource optimized Micro Trace Buffer for Cortex-M0+ or the Embedded Trace Macrocell (ETM) solution for the higher performance cores. iSYSTEM makes use of these technology blocks to enable the monitoring of real-time operating system (RTOS) tasks, queues and other features, or code coverage of application code and unit tests.
If you’d like to know more about how iSYSTEM supports semiconductor vendor’s microcontroller, the following links provide more information:
- Ambiq Micro - Apollo Microcontrollers
- Analog Devices - Precision Microcontrollers
- Cypress - PSoC4, PSoC6 and Traveo
- Dialog Semiconductor - SmartBond BLE Solutions
- Hilscher - netX Network Controllers
- Infineon - XMC Microcontrollers, DC Motor Drivers
- Microchip Technology - SAM Microcontrollers
- Microsemi - Microcontrollers
- Nordic nRF52 - Microcontrollers
- NXP - LPC, Kinetis, S32 Microcontrollers, and i.MX Application Processors
- Renesas - R-CAR, Synergy Microcontrollers
- Silicon Labs - Microcontrollers
- ST Microelectronics - Microcontrollers
- TDK-Micronas - Embedded Motor Controllers
- Texas Instruments - MSP432
- Vorago Technologies - Microcontrollers
- Xilinx - Zync
If you require further help to understand which BlueBox On-Chip Analyzer would best suit your needs, why not get in touch using the contact link on the right.